Sunday 17 February 2013

reminders

As we wait in a queue, my husband's words gently dismantle a negative mindset I so quickly built up in a morning of hurried frenzy. "Remember 'Eucharisteo'; remember to thank...when the anxiety rises, nip it in the bud - with praise and thanksgiving - before it has a chance to completely overtake you." And the pressure in my chest subsides for the moment and I take a step back.

And these are words that I have shared with him from a book I've been reading. And he's the one reminding me!

Thank-God for husband who reminds me to thank.

Shortly after starting this blog, I came across another blog called A Holy Experience - which I've been following for over a year now. And, then at the end of last year, long overdue though it was, I bought the book too. Ann Voskamp writes with a naked vulnerability, such that I have yet to come across in contemporary Christian writing. I have found myself identifying with many of those vulnerable places she speaks of. She lives an abandoned, abundant life - beyond the brokenness of her past and the tragedies of the present. She has found true joy - in the simple act of thanksgiving.

I have found this - thanksgiving and knowing joy; slowing down and simplifying - to be the journey of my life. This is what I want to live. I don't believe there is any other way to live, but in thanks.

The next few posts I will be sharing "nuggets" from this book that has touched me so and convinced me so.
And I will also be "chewing" on them as well - adding my own thoughts as I wrestle with certain aspects of "Eucharisteo".

This has opened up a whole new way of looking looking at the world.

The view is breathtaking.

I hope you see it too.