Friday 9 March 2012

a little paranoia never hurt anyone...

We’ve been watching lots of the medical series – House - lately…we’re both pretty hooked. On season 3 now. I get so into everything that I think I've developed a slight paranoia about getting some rare disease that no one can diagnose! I’ve had an eczema skin reaction the last few weeks and doctors could not figure out what it was. I was being treated for a fungus and it just kept getting worse… and I kept thinking.. maybe its “Auto Immune” or some other disease and that House and his peeps deal with. I kept telling Neil that maybe I’m gonna die and maybe he should call Dr House!

I think Dr House is a bit far a way.

But thank God for clever dermatologists.

Anyway, besides the paranoia, I’m growing to love House and Willson and Cutty and all the other characters SO much! The last two episodes we watched - just last night - were SUPER heart-breaking. I ended up balling on the couch for about 40min…feeling SO sad and depressed… ~sigh~ cos somebody dies and I can't say who, because some of you might not have watched this series yet.

I started to get all worried, like what if something like that happens to us. What if Neil dies or what if I die...I couldn't stop crying and holding onto Neil. What a flippin' baby I am! I guess I'm just very emotional <<<understatement of the year!! haha!

But what we both realized as we sat on the couch grieving the loss of one of our non-existent doctor friends...is that time is SO precious and the people in our lives are SO precious and so we can't afford to make mountains out of mole hills and pick small, unnecessary fights with each other. Cos one day we could be here in each others arms and the next day things could be tragically different.
Not to get morbid and stuff, but I believe the bottom line is... we need to cherish the moments, the days, the years we have with one another - spouses, children, parents, friends. We need to stop taking those loved ones for granted and make the most of the time we have together. And people are far more valuable than the pretty things an bling we have or want in our houses.

Appreciate and cherish the people God has placed in your life - not out of fear of what could happen tomorrow, but simply out of a grateful heart.

{Source: Pinterest}