Saturday 3 December 2011

more blessed...

Been doing a lot of Christmas shopping lately - trying to get it all out of the way before we're off to KZN for our family visits. I totally went off shopping some years ago. Dunno why, I guess it just got irritating. But the last two shopping trips I've done have actually been pretty fun. In fact, I'm loving it! I'm sitting at coffee shop now, taking a break from the run around. And wondering why I'm finding this all so much fun? Retail therapy? Okay, I guess maybe a little. But what have I been shopping for? Prezzies!!! For my lovely family!! Who have multiplied since I married my incredibly amazing husband in August! I guess that's why I'm enjoying the shopping so much. They say it is greater to give than to receive. Sure, it's great to receive gifts - I love getting gifts!! But what I'm discovering more and more, is that I would sooner spend 400 or so smacks on that perfect gift for a loved one than spend that amount on myself. I'm not trying to be all angelic or something. It honestly makes me happy to spoil the people I love. So there we have it, no revelation, and you've definitely heard it before, a simple thought... It is more blessed to give than receive...and not just at Christmas!